I have constantly and consistently taken by body for granted. I don’t mean an arm, or a leg. More so the fact tat I wake up, and assume it will always do what I want it to do. Not need it to do, but want it to do. If I want to summit a mountain, I expect it to go do that. If I want to lift a 100 pound wall to a gazebo, I expect it to, well, lift that damn wall.
I pretty much assume that it’s a constant. That it will always be at the ready.
This week though I have been forced to stop. Actually for the last couple of weeks but this week after having a surgery on my lower abdomen, legit, forced to stop. I don’t do “stop” well….
Things can change so quickly. One day everything is fine, the next you’re questioning if you will make it through the day. It wasn’t just a this surgery, 2022 started wit a bad bout of covid, followed by a ruptured calf, Lyme disease and more. Anyway…
While I am taking this surgery down time, as difficult as it is, as a reset… I ask if you this. No matter how much you work out, how many steps you take, what you eat… That you listen to your body.
Value your health, your body, and your mind now because it’s not promised or guaranteed and can be gone… in an instant.
- Get Enough Sleep: Aim for between 7-9 hours per night to ensure your body is well-rested and energized.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Make sure your diet includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, proteins, and healthy fats.
- Exercise Regularly: Incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity into your daily routine.
- Stretch Every Day: Stretching helps improve flexibility and reduce risk of injury from exercise or everyday activities.
- Drink Plenty of Water: It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day for overall health and wellness.
- Practice Self-Care: Make time for hobbies, relaxation, self-reflection, meditation, or whatever works best for you!
- See Your Health Care Provider: Schedule regular check-ups with your doctor to make sure you’re staying on top of any potential health issues.
All that being said, this reset is a struggle. For many reasons, a struggle. Forward we go though, always, because even with left turns and right turns, it’s always forward.
I am choosing to change what I put into my body, will I still indulge in a glass of whiskey on a perfect spring night, I will. I will also begin to search for better health, better brain juice, and yes, better coffee. Starting with this new product I am starting because Mushrooms and Coffee for better health?